Maybe you’ve heard of the lymphatic system, but do you really know that much about it?
Our lymphatic system is a foundation that is critical for us to feel healthy as we age. It’s part of our circulatory and immune systems, and it is responsible for a whole host of necessary functions in our body.
Recently, Dr. Mark Hyman, one of my favorite functional doctors, talked about this part of the body on his podcast. He was joined by Drs. Mehmet Oz and Gerald Lemole. If you’d like to check it out, be sure to visit this link.
How does the lymph system work?
- Drains fluid back into the bloodstream.
- Filters lymph.
- Filters the blood.
- Removes impurities from the body.
- Fights infection.
Wanna keep your lymphatic system healthy?
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in alkaline foods and vegetables that provide a full range of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
- Include healthy fats in your diet.
- Exercise daily.
- Avoid pollutants, toxic substances, and unhealthy environments.
- Learn to manage your stress through techniques such as meditation and exercise.