Today I want to talk to you about something that some people may not be familiar with–The Blood Type Diet. Now, this has been around for a while, but you may not have heard of it, and you may not even realize the importance of it. Let me give you a little background.
The blood type diet, also known as the blood group diet, was popularized by a naturopathic physician called Dr. Peter D’Adamo in the year 1996.
His book, Eat Right 4 Your Type, was incredibly successful. It was a New York Times bestseller, sold millions of copies, and is still wildly popular today.
In this book, he claims that the optimal diet for any one individual depends on the person’s ABO blood type.
He claims that each blood type represents genetic traits of our ancestors, including which diet they evolved to thrive on.
For more information, please check out the video below and continue reading for a brief breakdown of the different blood types.
This is how each blood type is supposed to eat:
- Type A: Called the agrarian, or cultivator. People who are type A should eat a diet rich in plants, and completely free of “toxic” red meat. This closely resembles a vegetarian diet.
- Type B: Called the nomad. These people can eat plants and most meats (except chicken and pork), and can also eat some dairy. However, they should avoid wheat, corn, lentils, tomatoes, and a few other foods.
- Type AB: Called the enigma. Described as a mix between types A and B. Foods to eat include seafood, tofu, dairy, beans, and grains. They should avoid kidney beans, corn, beef, and chicken.
- Type O: Called the hunter. This is a high-protein diet based largely on meat, fish, poultry, certain fruits, and vegetables, but limited in grains, legumes and dairy. It closely resembles the paleo diet.
Wanna know more?
- Get your blood type tested. There are many ways to do this. They can send you a kit, you can ask mom, or you can go donate blood.
- Pick up the Eat Right For Your Blood Type book or audiobook, or watch a few YouTube videos. Get curious about your family’s food story and what you could be eating that is killing you or making you healthy. Visit the official website.
- Get the app. The blood type diet and you can see all the foods to avoid and ones that are “Meh!” and which are super beneficial