A good friend asked me for some fitness and nutrition tips and this is what I wrote to him.
- Lots of sleep,
- Lots of water.
- In the evenings after 4 PM, take in very little to zero sugar or carbohydrates.
- You have to move your body every day no matter what. Even an hour walk a day will completely change your life. Also, stretch & yoga.
- I would throw in lifting weights once or twice a week because building muscle increases your metabolism, bone destiny, testosterone and lean muscle mass.
- On the emotional level: just loving yourself, being kind and gentle and caring toward yourself on purpose.
- I would also write out a clear goal of the measurement that you want to be by a specific date and make sure that you’re living your life in a way that is taking you in that direction.
The umbrella that covers everything is FUN!
You have to find a way to make it all fun. Or you won’t stick with it.
I’m sure there’s more that could be added but there’s a good place to start. Have fun.