What if I told you that the proper metabolism of
your food begins with your breath?
Here are 3 simple things you can do the next time you eat your meal.
- Avoid unconscious eating, When we multitask while eating, we tend to eat more. When you’re eating, DON’T DO ANYTHING ELSE!! Take a break and enjoy the experience of nourishing your body with healthy food.
- Eat mindfully. Be aware of how the food feels and tastes as you chew it. Experience gratitude as you eat, thanking your body and the source of your food.
- Remember the 20-minute rule. Don’t race through eating your food. Give yourself ample time to honor your hunger and satiate your needs. Give your brain the time it needs to register that you are full.
Ready to practice mindful eating? It’s super simple. “Take Five” before a meal.
- Breathe in through your nose for a count of 5.
- Breathe out through your mouth for a count of 5.
- Repeat 4 more times or until you feel relaxed to eat and enjoy your meal.
- You can put one hand on your belly to connect with deeper belly breathing.
- Speak gratitude before the meal, thanking your body and the source of your food.
Ready to go deeper with this and many other tools and hacks? Check out our BEST YOU BOOTCAMP open for enrollment now. We start on Monday!! We would love to have you along for the journey. This is your simple, effective and SUPPORTIVE roadmap to success, and it will launch you into a lifetime of feeling free: mind, body, heart and soul.